Thursday, March 24, 2011

disciplined?

i was reading a book the other day and in it i found a quote that really stuck with me:


"feelings come and feelings leave you, but the disciplines of life are what get you to where you want to go."-Anne Ortland

i've been thinking about this phrase quite a bit lately and realize that this just may be a breakthrough for me. . . . . maybe what i would like to call one of the secrets to life. or my life anyway.
I realize that discipline is something i want in many areas of my life but yet it's something i lack when the going gets tough, or maybe when i'm no longer feeling like being disciplined. 
to me, being disciplined can also coincide with sticking to my convictions and really living out what i believe in. 
its far to easy to just say "no i give up." or "eh, i don't really feel like it."
you see discipline in successful people. because these are the people who follow through with their commitments, who keep their convictions, and who do what they know they should even though they may not feel like it today.


just some food for thought.

2 comments:

  1. Love it! Aren't breakthroughs great! Hope you are having a great week sis!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elyse!! I love it, thanks for posting this. We really need to hang up this summer I decided.

    ReplyDelete