Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Although I didn't find a Leprechaun....

No Leprechaun was found on St. Patty's day. So the little man with the kilt and the bagpipe would have to suffice...


With that said, St Patrick's day=Success.
The day after =Success.
I'll admit, I was a little tired the day after {the Irish Car Bombs didn't help}, especially because I was scheduled to be at work at 7 am. But as tired as I was, I busted through the day like a champ.
2 o'clock rolls around and I go on my last break for the day with only one hour of work left.
Out of habit I checked my phone which had a new voicemail left by my Gramps. 
His news? The results of my nursing state board exam had finally come in mail!
I'll admit, the concept of being patient is a struggle for me.
I want and I want now. 
So you can imagine how I felt after waiting almost 4 weeks for these test results. I really thought I was going to lose my mind if they didn't come soon.

I couldn't even wait to get off work to know how I did. I called my Gramps right then and there, had him open the letter for me and read it over the phone. It read:
Elyse L. McDonald has PASSED
YAY! 
So although I didn't find a leprechaun, I am officially a nurse :)
And that was only the beginning of a great weekend 


No comments:

Post a Comment