Sunday, January 10, 2010

week 1: earthquake and candy


week 1 of nursing school complete!


and with that said, i LOVE it. 
at the end of the week we had our first big test...
...and...
i got a 94%!
i was so happy. but from here on out we have a test everyday for the next 2 weeks.
yikes!


On Thursday at around 10/10:30 AM, i was sitting in class listening to my Infection Control lecture when suddenly the projector that hangs from the ceiling started violently shaking.
it took me a second to figure out what was going on until i realized that we were in the middle of an earthquake


the TV was shaking so badly it almost fell off its stand.
someone yelled, "Earthquake!". I was so close to getting out of my chair and if the quake would have lasted for one more second i would have been on my way out the door.
Thankfully, it stopped right when everyone begun to panic. 


my professor is a Minnesota native 
and she freaked out.
she said that she would take a tornado 
over an earthquake any day. 


remember in elementary school we learned that if there was an earthquake to hide under our desks?
well there was only one person in our class of 31 people that took it with her once she left elementary school. 
it was funny to see her climb out from 
under the desk when the earthquake was over.


On friday night Mike and I went to the REDBOX in Safeway. 
we looked at all the movies we could rent and i knelt down so i could see all the ones at the bottom.
as i am kneeling there something pretty funny happened:


this tiny, platinum blonde haired little girl 
(probably around 3 years old) walks up to me.
With a look of pure need in her eyes she puts her little hand on my shoulder and says, "I want candy." 


it was hilarious! she waited for a response from me and so i just said, "Yea, when I was your age i wanted candy too."


this child was absolutely precious! 
she kept talking to me and i started to wonder 
where her parents were. 
as it turns out, her mom was waiting in the grocery line. 


All that to say, i need to go study now for my test tomorrow. 
wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment