Saturday, January 2, 2010

its been a while...

i haven't blogged in so long! :( 
so let me fill you in on my life since my last blog:


1. i moved. i completely moved out of my house. i had to be all packed and gone by the end of the week. Let me just say that the particular week i had to move was my finals week. 
note to self: avoid moving during finals at ALL costs.


2. i got the never-ending cold. during that week i just told you about (you know, the one where i had to move and take finals at the same time?) i got a nasty cold. it was probably due to the fact that i didn't get any sleep. the cold lasted about 2 weeks. 


3. Pink eye! yep, i got pink eye. Friday of hell week was the day that i was going to pile all my belongings into my tonka truck and drive home sweet home. i woke up on friday morning with my eyeball glued shut. we all know what that means: PINK EYE! i went to the doc and sure enough, i was infected. Of all days to get pink eye, that friday was the worst day that i could've gotten it. i was on my last pair of contacts and had to wait to see the optometrist to get a new order. Because i never wear my glasses, I never get them updated. so my old lenses were in them. The doc told me that i would have to wear my glasses for the next few days. remember....this meant that i had to drive 4 hours home in glasses i could see out of. it was all bad


needless to say, i was happy to get home that night


4. Pre-Christmas Dinner: when i got home we had a pre-christmas dinner with my family and some friends. My sister and brother in-law wouldn't be spending Christmas Day with us so we needed to make up for it. We had the most amazing Crab Cioppino (5lbs or so of crab) with some ATOMIC garlic bread. and when i mean ATOMIC, i mean the most garlicy, firey, spicy, delicious, buttery garlic bread you have ever tasted. This might be gross but the next day after eating it, i was still burping the ATOMIC garlic bread. 


5. Christmas!: the fam (minus Tirzah and Steve) mad our way to Gramps house for Christmas. Thanks to the San Mateo County we were not allowed to have a fire in the fireplace on Christmas day. It was sad. my Gramps said it was the first christmas in 50 years that there was no fire burning in that fireplace on Christmas day. But no worries. Comcast had a channel on TV that showed a fire burning with Christmas music in the background. it was called the Yule Log Channel. HA. it was pretty funny and it almost made up for the fact that we couldn't have a real fire. 

this was what showed on the TV screen on the Yule Log Channel. it sounded just like a real fire with the popping and crackling. It was pretty awesome.


Santa did me good on christmas and gave me a sewing machine (a yellow post-it note was in my stocking and it read 'sewing machine'. so i have get to pick one out but it still counts) and a GPS! for christmas dinner we went to my aunts house, ate an amazing roast beef dinner, and opened more presents. There were 3 dogs at christmas: Otis, Henry (the St. Bernard Puppy, and the new puppy that my cousin gave her kids on Christmas. Otis got sent to the car for almost eating the new puppy. that would have been some drama.


6. SNOW!: my little home in the mountains t so great in the winter with snow. so Pilar, C-Bot, and I all made our way to the slopes to shred the gnar. it was a good first of the season trip. I am excited for more to come

No comments:

Post a Comment