Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Nothing Good Happens after 11

I guess part of being a real adult requires me to have a real job with hours that can seem a little un-godly.
and trust me, i know the meaning of bad hours but these ones top it off.

Lately i've been working the night shift (11 PM-7 AM) and all i can say is that its true when they say that "nothing good ever happens after 11".
Its true...people just get crazy at night, especially old people.

The typical night of a night shift worker where i work goes like this:
  • get to work at 11
  • answer call lights all night long
  • do last rounds at 5 AM (which keeps you pretty busy)
  • leave at 7 AM
Well the other night at work was no typical night. I experienced one of those "CRAZY NIGHTS".
One of those nights when really, nothing good happened after 11.
It went a little something like this:
  • got to work at 11
  • Went to answer a call light immediately after I clocked in
I walked into the Patients room.
"Can I help you?"- i ask
"I need to talk to Jon."- he says {'Jon' is the charge nurse}
"Ok, i'll get him for you". I start to walk out of the room...
"Tell him I need to.... that I need to stick something up my rectum!!!"
  • I stopped dead in my tracks....lol....did i really just hear that? lol. really? Oh Gosh, i don't even want to know what that's about....From down the hall I hear a patient moaning as if he's in pain. I walk into his room to find him   rolling on his bed.
"Sir can I help you with anything?"
he's still rolling in his bed.
"Yea!....ahhh my ass, my ass! ahhhhh i just need to S***! Give me something to make me S***!! AHHH!!!!" he yells
"Yea, ok, i'll get the nurse..."
Needless to say that patient got transferred to the hospital later that evening for extreme constipation.
  •  Last rounds at 5 AM
  • Got called Crazy by a little old lady
  • clocked out at 7 AM 

lol. SO yeaaaa.....what a night...I'm now convinced that really, nothing good happens after 11, especially at work.




    1 comment: