Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Blockbuster and Bill McDonald


Its a tradition...when summer comes along, Elyse starts watching a new tv series. 

Last summer it was Rescue Me...
This summer it's Nurse Jackie
{my dad thinks that this show is teaching me to be a drug dealing nurse. hah. 
that guy sure has a sense of humor}


I'm not a big TV watcher, however I do have a select few shows that I follow. 
But every summer, I pick up a new show and lose an old one.


And so begins the 
Nurse Jackie/blockbuster/Bil McDonald/Directionally Challenged Elyse adventure...


The other day
Mike {yes, he made the cut to debut in elysepisodes} and I drive to blockbuster to rent Season 1 of Nurse Jackie.
We start out in San Carlos and he asks which blockbuster we're going to. 
I say "the one in Redwood City."
he asks why.
"i think its the closest one. but you can look it up if you want."
He says: i think there might be a closer one, but it's no big deal.
Now if you know anything about me, there are 2 things i'm not so good at:
1. cooking   
2. directions
{really though, i can't go anywhere without my GPS. 
i am my mothers daughter}

I should have listened to Mike. 
But being the nice boy that he is, 
he let me continue on my way
as my heart desired.


i get the DVD.
I wait in line. 
I get to the checkout where the blockbuster guy scans my card and asks me my name. 

I wasn't sure where he was going with this and the account is under my dads name, so i say "Bill McDonald." 

Obbbviously I am not Bill so i followed it with an, "Or Elyse McDonald."
The guy says he wants MY name: Elyse, not the account holders name. hah
"My name is Elyse."
He then informs me of a new policy that requires anyone that rents a DVD needs to be on the account and that Elyse McDonald is not on the account (but Bill is). 

He said he can call the account holder to get me on so i can rent my summer show.

Blockbuster Guy calls up Daddy-O and asks if he wants to add me to the account. 
This is what i hear the guy say while talking to my dad on the phone:


he explains the situation.
"Sir I have your daughter Elyse here and would it be alright if we added her the account?"
he laghs nervously.
pause.
still paused...
"Sir I can't tell if you're kidding."
pause.
he laughs.
"Ok, thanks. Bye."


After all that, I get on the account. I called up my dad and ask what he said to the guy. 
During the long pause my dad was telling him that he didn't have a daughter!!!
HAH! 
thanks dad.
oh, and there's a blockbuster 
in walking distance from my house :)
no need to drive to 
Redwood City anymore

2 comments: