Tuesday, May 25, 2010

my time has come

My time has come. 
its time for me to learn to cook.

me, elyse? cook? for those that know me well...i'm not a cook
{to say the least}

i have been putting off cooking for as long as i can, but now it simply needs to happen. 

i can no longer eat tamales bought from grocery outlet. my body says no more.
i can no longer eat home made fried chicken. my body really says no to that one. 
and i can no longer survive off a bowl of popcorn 
{i do make some mean popcorn though :)} and cans of chili with corn muffins 
{i really like chili and corn muffins, but every other day is a little excessive}
its time to step up.

and so it begins...this scarry journey of learning how to cook in a kitchen that has the weirdest set up. 

so farrrrr....this site
looks the best. 
the Neapolitan Pancakes look AWESOME!

Being that my two favorite foods are burgers and bacon, i thought why not start with the favs. 
plus, i want to start slow and easy.

my first meal? 
Blue Cheese and Bacon Burger
i'll let you know how it goes



No comments:

Post a Comment